Monday, July 16, 2007

She bought a freezer, I really did.

So, this 6 month "experiment" seems to be turning into a new way of life, well as far as feeding Clara is concerned. (Katrin is sitting next to me snickering, I have created a new convert!) The new diet is working out well, I'm getting used to Clara grinding away at the wings, then swallowing them. She loves her dinners of hamburg and veggies.

She is still acting a little different, we'll have to see how things go over the next few weeks. She is much quieter, very strange for my active little short dog. Katrin and I agree that this change is really a positive one, especially where we compete in performance events. Our 1st trial is a little over 4 weeks away. We'll have to see how the change effects our teamwork. The elimination of carbohydrates (or most of them) is what we believe is the reason behind the change.

So, onto the freezer. I don't know quite how it happened. I don't know if it was me who brought it up or not. Anyway, I guess I decided that if I was going to do this for real, I needed a large storage unit. After all, I have to do this as affordable as possible. So, I bought a 5.0 cubic foot chest freezer from Sears. Not a bad purchase, especially since I can store MY food in it as well. Next week, I plan on figuring out how much money I will be spending on this little project.

No comments: