Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm really beginning to like this...

So, it's been about 3 weeks (or at least the start of the 3rd week) since I started Clara on the raw diet. I am happy with most of the results that I've seen, in fact I don't think I am unhappy with anything. Clara has cleaner teeth and fresher breath (yeah!), she is quieter in the house -not hyper and barking at everything (i.e. more relaxed), her coat looks great (it didn't look bad before), and it's not complicated to feed her. Also, when Katrin and I took the dogs for a run today, Clara did not indulge in her favorite past time of eating poop. I have been trying to live with her having this horribly disgusting habit for the last 5 years. If I had known that feeding her raw was going to help eliminate this problem, I would have started it years ago! (Katrin writing here- do you KNOW the # of times I TOLD her this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I had been concerned that feeding raw was going to be a time consuming pain in the neck. Well, it's been incredibly easy. I package 3 days worth of meals into freezer bags, put everything into the freezer and take out what I need every 3 days, it couldn't be simpler. I just need to remember to pull food out the night before so that Clara doesn't have completely frozen food for breakfast.

And, I am getting less worried about Clara or me contracting a food-borne illness. I am careful in handling the food and "I WASH MY HANDS thoroughly when I'm done and any surfaces the meat/bones may have touched, KATRIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So, so far so good!

P.S. THANK YOU KATRIN, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: